THE FOUNDATION OF OUR TREATMENT
Chiropractic & Spinal Stability
Dr. Galbraith and Dr. Schwieterman use specific Functional Exercises to correct biomechanical dysfunction, and they assesse the effected areas for specific treatment:
- Decreased Mobility: He treats these areas through chiropractic adjustments, muscle release techniques, and/or dry needling.
- Decreased Stability: He treats these areas using a series of specific muscle activation and muscle strengthening exercise protocols.
ProActive Spine & Joint strives to provide the most effective and up to date treatments for muscle and joint pain. We offer advanced chiropractic and physiotherapy modalities to best serve our patients. Dr. Galbraith and Dr. Schwieterman have extensive training in sports injury and functional rehabilitation. This allows them to get the active individual back to their desired activity as quickly as possible. From headaches to foot pain, ProActive has you covered!
EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE
Sports Related Injuries
Many sports injuries are from a result of either too much mobility, too little mobility, or more often a little of both. The key to proper treatment is using the proper screening tools to find out where the problem lies.
Dr. Galbraith and Dr. Schwieterman have extensive training in functional biomechanics. This allows them to assess the athlete and determine what the root cause of the injury was. Usually the injured area is not where the true problem is.
The ability to look past the primary injury and find the biomechanical fault is key to returning an athlete to play.
Common Injury Patterns
Common causes of injury in the lower body:
- Poor diaphragm activation/spinal stability
- Poor hip stability/extension
- Hamstring dysfunction
- Decreased arch (foot) control
Common causes of injury in the upper body:
- Poor diaphragm/spinal stability
- Poor scapular stability
- Decreased shoulder ROM
DR. BRANDON GALBRAITH D.C.
- Developed a passion for Exercise & Fitness during High School
- Bachelors Degree in Exercise Science & Sports Medicine, Ball State University
- Strength & Conditioning Program for the Ball State Athletic Department
- Doctorate in Chiropractic, Logan College of Chiropractic in St. Louis
- Trained / Worked with Sports Athletes
- Accepted into the Biofreeze Sports Clinic
- Worked with Mizzou & Lindenwold Athletic Training Departments